Stuck In The Middle With You

"I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair, and I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!"

Monday, August 28, 2006

Seven Days, One Veek

I’m having one of those ‘woW!!’ moments again. Last Monday felt like a month ago and yet when I think about it today, I just can’t believe that so many things could have taken place in a measly seven days.

On Monday, we managed to surprise the rather un-surprisable Sean. HAPPY 21st bIrThDaY, Mr. S.S!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Man, it was just so hard to keep this all incognito from a guy who is so perceptive… or just too damm suspicious of everything! But we managed it! Yeap, we did!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We've forgotten to bring along a lighter so we had to use the power of imagination to help Sean blow out those candles!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
First cut!

Got everyone to meet at the foyer at 12 noon for you see, in order to surprise the un-surprisable, one must employ tactics, cunning, strategy and a little luck!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The sign he was holding up was suppose to read"Happy Birthday Sean! G.G".

Sean had Ball Booth duty and Marketing Strategy Implementation discussion from 12-1. The opportune moment has thus presented itself as he already knows we were up to something… he just doesn’t know when or where.

The booth duty and MSI discussion were the perfect cover for our dastardly deed!

So before the main man’s arrival, we’ve rigged up a crude banner for him to roll down from the booth’s board.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I told him it was the new décor for the booth and as he stood up to release the duct tape, take cake was rolled out (well, carried out) and everyone converged to him as he looked at the unfolding banner dumbfounded for about 1/8th of a second!

---------------------------------------------

On Wednesday was my mom’s retirement day. Now, I have BOTH my parents at home 24/7. Truth be told, this is something I am totally not used to as my parents were working people for the better part of my life. It is going to take some adjustment on my part.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Two generations of Loks are now officially in their golden years.

Dinner was at her favorite seafood restaurant somewhere in Taman Suria. I got her a RM 100 worth facial pampering session but the voucher requires a Monash student ID. Hopefully, the shop will understand that my mother will gladly take my place.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The main evento!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The crab's death cam.

Found a tripod at home which I thought I didn’t have and had some fun with it at the restaurant. Didn’t really set the right ISO for the shutter speed I was using but hey… I’m a work in progress. :P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The 'whooshhh' NoS effect.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sisteeeerrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssssssss!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pete and Sharon.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me doing a Roy Mustang impression. *snap!*


---------------------------------------------

On Friday was the Monash Street Party. Everything went accordingly to plan… except for the heavy downpour that lasted till about ten.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Stuck in the tents!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Xia yu la!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was like a flood victim refugee centre…
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
… and the violence escalated as the food shortage became more dire. r4\/\/0r!!!

Still, I guess taking shelter with friends is as best as any place one could wish for in the rain.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Have no worries, sir! We are professionally trained emergency medical technicians! You are in good hands now.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Could’ve taken much more cooler shots but my camera decided to choose this moment to die on me.

---------------------------------------------

On Saturday, the guys and I met up with Brenda at KLCC with a surprise appearance from Shu Ying.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This time, I think I’ve finally discovered the basic art of photography. Still need some help here and alot of practice there, but the camera’s manual was a good starting guide for me.
To avoid cluttering this particular entry, I will display my gallery of sceneries in a future post. Could be a new hobby of mine!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Someday soon, I will own every piece of property in the KL region. Buahahaha!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This really cracks me up. The KLCC LRT station toilet is apparently a ‘new concept’? That is a mighty good reason to charge us 20 cents, no?

--------------------------------------------------------


The other days passed on pretty much uneventful. There were a few twist and turns… as I discovered that life can still kick you in the nuts after you’ve think you have gotten over certain problems or issues.

*Sigh* aw, well… At least now the opportunity to fight my inner demons head-on has risen to a more considerable challenge. The fact that this new development will test whether or not the pact I’ve made for this year is all hot-air or something serious.


“Sooner or later, we all have to think like mature adults. No one knows this better than the young.”

4 Comments:

Blogger Mischique said...

hey vincy! wow that's a blardy long post..why didn't you break it up?

anyway love the pictures we took in klcc..wait for mine to come up! lol thank god i didnt come for the monash street party since it rained heavily :P at that time i was busy running under the rain along bintang walk to sg wang! i really had fun meeting up with u guys again! see you people in december in penang...call me!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Leto said...

lol... finally the pics are up.!

The NOS effect is cool!!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think i should have slpitted it up. But it was part of the seven days, one Veek theme. :P
You didn't call us on Sunday! Thought u wanted to go 1 U :P

NOS effect from NFS Most Wanted!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well executed Commander! You managed to jump my troops during their canteen break! Thanks again and Well done!

Good Luck All!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home