Stuck In The Middle With You

"I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair, and I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!"

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wicked Sick

Had the flu since Sunday. Being sick really sux00rz. Big time!

Reason number one: Constantly being kept awake at night.
Either my constitution is weak or the medicine I’m taking is causing slight paranoia and hallucinations, but I keep having these reoccurring dreams of retaking SPM! Sometimes it is mixed with my university subjects, like I am taking my business papers but on top of that I’ve got a biology test at high school the next day. Although there are many variations to the dream (eg: being late for the test, not wearing any clothing during the KH paper, panic attack half-way through AddMaths), the theme is basically the same. I am not prepared for SPM. Sometimes, I am fully aware that I already did my SPM and I already gotten my results in my dreams, but there is still an urge to study for something that has already passed.

Could it be a residual regret for not scoring better? Or is it that ever since SPM, I have not seriously sat down and really studied anymore? Was my high school life really such a horrible experience that I am suffering the first signs of post-traumatic stress disorder?

Wakakakakakaa! I think it’s just the meds.

Reason number two: Cold sweats during the day.
During a hot day, the body feels a chill. So I put on another layer or wear thicker clothing. But that will just add to overall body heat, thus escalating the fever further. It gives me temporary relief from the chills, but sooner or later I got to take the extra layer off when it gets too stuffy. When the accumulated sweat makes contact with the air directly, it is akin to being dunk into a pool of ice! Chilling indeed.

Oh, and avoid wearing black when not in the best of health. Now, I’m not a superstitious fella, but I honestly feel sucky-ier when I am wearing black when ill. Maybe science (black does absorb and retain more heat) or beyond (heard that the color black attracts a darker vibe, a non-cheerier disposition to the wearer) but whatever the case may be, you only see light-colored hospital gowns.

Reason number three: Grumpy.
Yeah, on a shorter fuse. Hehehe… Shorter than usual. There is this constant buzz about in the head and nasal areas. And the coughs… Oh, how they hurt. :(
Doesn’t help that I have a Film Studies assignment due this week plus I need to reorganize the sitting plan for the uni’s annual Ball. Jeeperz… No mood…


Anyway, besides wallowing in self-pity for being sick, my sister’s boyfriend came up with this loco idea. Ever heard of broadcasting Astro over a standard home wireless router? Wicked sick idea, man… of course he hasn’t gotten it to work yet. Hope the problems of my computer acting whacked these past few days aren’t the result of his tempering.

Oh, and I am going for my green belt jujitsu grading tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be back on my feet by morning.

“I’ll hound you night and day!”
”Then be a good dog. Sit, stay!”

2 Comments:

Blogger Blurry D said...

Sleep more consistantly.Drink water. eat more fruits.TFK is an addiction dont do it.Read the Bible.Spread some love around.Cut stress and tension by talking with an indian accent.Lastly, make yourself feel sexy.....

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err.. the not TFK-ing part does not coincide with the feeling sexy part. So it's ok to spread d4 l0v3 around but not TFK?
Hmmmm... Curious.

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home