Stuck In The Middle With You

"I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair, and I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!"

Monday, June 26, 2006

I Can See! I Can See!

You know those urban legends about someone who was trying and trying to take out his contact lenses, only to rip out his cornea in the end?

Well, it doesn’t sound so funny anymore.

Heh… and here I thought using contacts was going to be a breeze. *gaak!*

First time, I thought I did alright. Only took me about 15 minutes. Not bad, judging from all the other stories I’ve heard. Some ranging from 45 minutes to an hour plus.

The hard part (which incidentally, I found out the hard way!) was when I had to put in on all by myself without the optician dude there for morale support. First, I had to guess which side is the right way. I mean seriously, how can you tell whether the damm thing is right-side out or inside-out? The only way I can actually tell I made a boo-boo is when there is a searing pain poking at the eyeballs.

*sigh* Vanity, vanity, thine name is Vincent.

Oh, yeah. Dropped one in the bathroom too. Sheezee… How DO you find something that looks like a droplet of water in an area that is perpetually wet?! I can’t believe I lost one.

Wearing contacts has also changed my lifestyle. I love to take spontaneous naps around the day. With my specs in the workshop until Wednesday (My little sister socked me in the face, cracking the thing into two pieces. The night BEFORE my last examination! Perfect), I have no other alternatives. I have to stay awake even thought I wanna lie down and laze around. The thought of putting in on again sort of deters me from removing it unless really necessary. I got to be really sure I wanna stay outta bed before putting them on.

I guess its better this way. I’m not too lethargic anymore. Just that rushing to drive my little sister to her tuitions and my mom from work doesn’t really work for me. My eyes are kinda beady and small early in the morning. My eyelids are unbelievably annoying, no matter how much I pry my eyes open. So much so I get to a point where I just shove the bloody thing into my eyeball, not caring about putting the lenses on their correct concaves. Driving down KL traffic with an inside-out contact isn’t a very enjoyable experience.

Good thing that both my eyes are equally impaired, simplifying the attachment process tremendously.

Can’t wait for my old specs to be repaired though. Flexibly!

"The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
No 34. Peace is good for business.
No 45. War is good for business."