Stuck In The Middle With You

"I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair, and I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!"

Thursday, June 15, 2006

So, You Say You Wanna be a Jedi?

This video is freaking awesome!



It’s like wow… these people have a lot of time on their hands. To make something with such chorography and patience. Just imagine how many re-takes they would have to do over and over again. And the hours of video editing.

Like in real ‘kung-fu’ style-type movies, it’s just so rad that both combatants have their own distinctive Jedi stances. The one-hand saber dude is the epitome of coolness in my opinion. Of course, the dark side has always been cooler. They have the coolest moves, the coolest clothing and the coolest one-liners!

But I think the baddest-ass thing about this video is how each combatant changes their style a little after every engagement. A little tweak here, a little adaptation there. It is not static. They evolve and flow with the battle at hand.

It just goes to show that any fans of a genre are indeed a fascinating bunch. I mean they don’t get paid but they do quality stuff that even far suppresses work done by people who get paid to do it. If you are an anime lover, you will know what I mean. Fan-subs are like the best subtitles there is in existents. They not only give an accurate translation but also add-in little bits of facts to explain the Japanese language and culture.

A site to really visit is definitely FanFiction. Boosting millions of fan-writing stories of your favorite movies, shows, anime and cartoons, it’s a place where everything is (and will always be) possible. What could have been, crossovers between shows, alternative universes, the hero being evil. Anything that the fans would have loved to see happen in cannon. Guess it’s also a good place to start if one is interested in taking up fictional writing as a serious hobby or career. The people there are dedicated in giving constructive criticism with little to no flaming involve. They are just in it to see their favorite characters expand beyond the original cannon so it is also a good place to test-market if people actually dig your writings.

Anyway, exams are almost over. Just one more paper to go. Both marketing papers were... painful. On the hand. I'm just worried that the usual bullshit I have written will not get me through. Oh, well...

“The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some considered to be unnatural.”
“Is it possible to learn this power?”


“Not from a Jedi.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home