Stuck In The Middle With You

"I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair, and I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!"

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Ball

The Monash Ball of 2006, themed Royale Escapade. Held here at the venerable (although in a slight state of degradation) Palace of the Golden Horses, it was the largest Ball I’ve ever experienced as part of the Ball committee’s Ticketing and Promotions department. Coincidentally, they also put me in charge of the department this year. Boo-yah!

Well, all things considered, I think I did a pretty decent job. No one wanted my head on a platter after the Ball so I will take that as a good sign. The two years of working exp with the Ticketing dept really helped.

Naturally, I had to haul myself much earlier to the site to ensure that everything was prepared for the 700++ exquisitely-dressed university students hording into the Royal Ballrooms. Boredom pretty much set in after awhile so I began to had some fun with my camera.

Preparing the ice sculpture. Always a favorite prop for any Ball photographs.

Just a plant which I thought was a nice shot.

Sean admiring the detailed art craft involved in making ice sculptures.

So yeah, this Ball actually started more or less on time! Something that doesn’t happen a lot in this business. The performances/beauty pageants went smoothly with very little to no pauses in between, which was a great job done by Dahlia, Seng Kiat (Heads of Performances) Melissa and Nava (Heads of Ball Sponsorship and Pagents).

Opening act done by KC and gang. The Chicago Street Jam.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An ethnic cultural dance by Divya.

Jia Qi’s debut as a songbird. A crowd pleaser, judging from the long line of well dressed young men coming onto the stage to hand her bouquet of flowers.

Anyway, here are the usual people-and-me photos.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Highlights was David and Sean BOTH winning the lucky draw! How befitting that it is our last Ball. Dave won some high tea at Sunway Hotel and Sean won a speaker set.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Unfortunately, our traditional Godfather picture didn’t really work out in the end. The other guys weren’t too keen on it anymore. :(
But it’s ok. The two loyal henchmen are still loyal to the Father.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is the link to pictures from Sean's and David's camera.
Now, for some YouTube clips!


The Opening Light Show!

Basil & Joanne’s performance of When I Look to the Sky.

Overall, a very satisfying Ball. One where I actually enjoyed every show. And oh boy, do I mean every show! Even the humiliating ones. :P You know what I mean. One thing that I am not going to miss though are total strangers calling me at every odd hours of the day to ask “Still got tables for the Ball or not?” or “When are the tickets going to come out?”.

Hahaha! Although I may miss getting so much attention. :P

“This is the AK-47. When you absolutely have to kill everybody in the room, accept no substitute.”

4 Comments:

Blogger Blurry D said...

So cool i wish i was there....

8:10 PM  
Blogger Mischique said...

wow the ball is amazing..you look good and so does everybody else! how i wished i could goooooooooooo! i hate aimstttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Leto said...

yea we really wish u were there also... Look at the godfather 3.... only left 2 henchmen... Lol...

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... Yalor, both of u. This is the first ball u guys have missed lor. :P

*Sigh* We are the last of The Family.

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home