Stuck In The Middle With You

"I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair, and I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!"

Monday, September 04, 2006

Avenue Kosong

Avenue K… It’s been like around for ages already but the place still looks like an abandoned warehouse (albeit a really well-kept one).

Empty as heck but I really didn’t notice the security guard while taking the picture until I viewed it in the computer. Scary?

Doesn’t look much different since the last time I’ve been there. That was about a year ago during my stitch with The Star, covering New Year celebration @ KLCC. That was also the time I got my old Minolta camera stolen literally from right under my nose! Damm man… These people are good. A second ago I was putting it into my cargo’s side-pocket and before I knew it, I was a couple of ounces lighter. And they work in teams, as the incident happened in a seriously overcrowded train.

One will pick your pocket as the train enters the next stop and about 5 of them will push their way to get out together. Even if I did notice my camera been lifted, I will in most likely probability just grab hold of the wrong guy walking out. Besides, if things get rowdy, I am rather unenthusiastic on my chances in a 5 vs 1 brawl.

The guys and I found a lonely Nikko hobby shop at the top floor. There were some pretty cool toys for big boys up there. Mostly remote controlled cars, trucks, planes and boats with a whole section dedicated for die-cast model variations. Also, mostly out of our purchasing power. :(

Most young boys will go nuts over such exquisitely authentic looking tractors and trucks, but not me. Thanks to an old traumatic experience with a Stephen King horror movie , I got issues with any road vehicle that is larger than a van back when I was a kid.

Some cool shots of model cars... Looks like the real McCoy, don't they?

Took some other interesting photos of Ave K. They have the longest escalator I’ve ever seen. There is this lonely feel about it as it moves up and down rider-less. A vast emptiness of something that was made to be teeming with life. Kinda mirrors a lot of people I know.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My first shot of the day. I like the color.

"Boris the Blade? As in Boris the Bullet-Dodger?"

"Why do they call him the Bullet-Dodger?"

"...."

"'Cause he dodges bullets, Avi."

4 Comments:

Blogger Blurry D said...

Bad marketing positioning.. very very bad...

9:23 PM  
Blogger Leto said...

Haha! i guess ppl dont know where Avenue K is... cause if its like at the convention center then maybe ppl will know about it... but avenue K is like outside KLCC and you have to cut across teh LRT station and from the look at the LRT station, I always thought that its only that small strip of hallway... didn't know that its actually a shopping complex...

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mischique said...

hmm...it sure IS dead. vincy you're really like a true blogger..taking pictures of everything...lol..now..you're only short of cam-whoring.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avenue Kosong... All that empty space. I heard that the rent is too high and that is the reason why it is so dead.

Cam-whoring, huh? Wait till i finally find my good side first la. :P

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home