Stuck In The Middle With You

"I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair, and I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!"

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I get to pick a new perk!

So my gentle readers are getting kinda restless of me being so coy lately in my blog, eh? Heh heh heh…

Well, truth be told I’m not really weighted down by Monash’s infamous assignment load. Guess being a final year business student, the words, skill and journal hunting comes naturally to us already. That or we just learned how to bullshit better.

Nah, its just that my sleeping patterns are kinda out of whack. My bioclock is currently set to North American timing without taking into consideration daylight savings. Plus that with my slight on-again off-again flu, things aren’t too shiny.

But in accordance to my new policy of looking at things in the ‘glass half-full’ mentality, I’ll like to think that all the time I’ve spent sleeping soundly wrapped inside my blanket as a metaphoric cocoon. When I come into a realization of either a new outlook in life or discovering something new about myself, I usually like to sleep on it… literally.

I think I’ve discovered a gift or a knack in counseling. Not necessary in a professional capacity but more on an informal basis. If I’m not mistaken, I think it is also one of the spiritual gifts mentioned in the Bible besides serving, preaching and prophecy. Well, sure as heck not picturing myself being called Senior Pastor Tan nor prophesying over someone and declaring that his sprit man is dead!

But yeah, although it’s still a diamond in the rough, counseling may just be something I’m actually good at. Hell, I’ve always been kind of frustrated on why all these unfair joo joos keep occurring to me. Like God wanted a good laugh at my expense. Maybe, just maybe He let me through all these experiences (and of course many more and worst joo joos to come) so I can use it to help somebody somewhere. I’ll like to think something noble can come out of all these crap I’ve been through.

Anyway, I got to run to school now. So sleepy, want to go back and hibernate more! The bed always looks so warm and cozy in the morning during a week day on one of you busiest timetable.

“I’m proud of my humility!”

3 Comments:

Blogger starlightliz said...

hehehe yeah! i'm sure with the experiences u've been through, you're able to help others in your own ways, and in His unexpected ways =)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Blurry D said...

I think I have similar spritual gifts as you.Hmm if i were you I wouldnt say maybe,because I am 99.9
% sure that what you have been through is to change your own and other lives.I believe so is because th Bible say so.Bless other as how God has blessed you....

Rock on Mate!!!!!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for that gift Tan Koon Hua!

deborah

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home