Stuck In The Middle With You

"I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair, and I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs, clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!"

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fitting in part 2

And for some reason, I was wrong about them too. Which is kind of… odd. I always pride myself as someone who seeks the real side of things. Always bothering to hear the other side of the story, finding out what makes a person tick. Being impartial until I get all the facts straight. Wanting to understand the other as much as my side of the view. I guess this is due to the fact that many didn’t take the time to better understand and know who I am before passing their almighty judgment on me when I was growing up. So I subconsciously vowed never to do that.

Ironically, like many things my life (which are one too many already I might add), we often become the one thing we so despise.

Shortly after the Dec05 incident, I’ve made a conscious decision to give cell group another go. So I decided maybe a new group alone without any of my usual buddies. That would force me to mix around. It was really hard for the first couple of weeks. The same pressures I’ve felt the last time I was there resurfaced all over again. Frankly, it was quite disappointing. I had thought that my stitch with The Star and the new post-Dec05 attitude would’ve make things easier but it seams I’ve gotten nowhere in terms of my ability to relate to the cell.

But for some reason, I still kept on coming back. In fact, I was accidentally recruited into Flare, the campus youth zone’s in-house band. So now, I’m going for church activities 3 times a week minimum! That is regarded as crazy for someone like me.

However, fate/God/whatever probably had me come in when many of the cell members were going through some tough times. In fact, my Dec05 incident seams kinda petty even. Well, the one thing I’ve learned is that sharing about personal stuff (no matter how trivial it sounds to outsiders) sorts of bonds you with your cellmates, regardless of whether you want to or not. There seams to be a connection established even though I did not want it to happen. Although I’ll like to make a note that I dread having the “So how is your walk with God nowadays?” kinda questions but when I answered honestly, even though my stand was totally different from everybody, it brought me closer to them.

Well, if not currently going to cell/Flare for the glory of God, I am certainly going for the people there.

And today, I think one of them really needs us right now. I do not know what to say or do, but I think the least I can do is to be there for her.

7 Comments:

Blogger Blurry D said...

It takes time dude!! Not things works as fast as you want it to be.Things need time to heal and grow.I take years to grow a tree and not overnight.Keep persevere on. You are on the right track. Just push on.Remember it is not a sprint it is marathon.It also takes courage.

LOL, maybe by the time i am back you are a CG leader. Woooo HOOO.......

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vincent,take ur time...continue boldly!!!

Helping others is jz like helping yourself...Enjoy the happiness of helping...

All the best to u...

Take care n God bless

Love & Peace

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. I can see that you already have some common visitors.. thats good. If you post more, more ppl will come and will comment more. And then you'll have to visit their blogs back to trade links or to encourage each other.

Anyway just saying that its good to see that you are now coming towards God more and more. Last time I was thinking real hard on how to bring u to the light. At the end, you came to Him by yourself. I pray that you will continue your walk with Him and get to know Him better

3:52 AM  
Blogger starlightliz said...

Hey hey Vince!

hehe i guess i have nuthin much to say.. since all is said. Nwayz, just wanna encourage ya that you're not alone lor =)

Take care k! see ya aroundz!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://rmhcdnba.com/qvgs/guew.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ywqkxycy.com/pfnm/zlap.html]Cool site[/url]

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://rmhcdnba.com/qvgs/guew.html | http://nprnofij.com/cpzt/felp.html

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home